Sunday, November 1, 2009

Been Awhile

WOW so I really need to get better at this! (sigh)

Okay so this week was amazingly busy!
Monday: I went to school. Came home ran some errands. Then my friend Jenne came over and helped me make spooky shapes out of melted white chocolate (like spider webs and pumpkins.) It was very tricky. Melting white chocolate is like a freakin art form. The first batch we did for too long, and it got SO hot that the chocolate kept melting our plastic bags and burning our fingers. The second batch we did was perfection. The spider webs and other shapes turned out pretty awesome.
Tuesday: I spent running errands, working on homework, and making the most delicious chocolate vegan cupcakes that I have EVER had! (YUM) With delicious vegan butter cream frosting. (YUM AGAIN!) That night we had the ward trunk or treat. (Thus the reason I made the cupcakes, and the chocolate spider webs to go on top of the the night before.) My parents decorated the car with Frankenstien on top and spiders and glowsticks and all sorts of awesome things. The little kids were cute (thankfully it didn't rain). Daniel spent the entire trunk or treat (post dinner) in the car listening to the blazer basketball game.
Wednesday: I skipped my first class to stay home and make pumpkin cookies. :) I had a music midterm later that day (that I got an amazing A on... big surprise.) I had to take Daniel his glasses at school whereupon I found out that instead of doing his homework the previous night, he had watched the game, and had a paper due for Chemistry. (tsk tsk) He got in a lot of trouble. Later that night I went and got my nails done, and finished shopping for my Halloween costume with my friend Sami.
Thursday: I spent the morning and early afternoon at Buckman elementary finishing up the lesson plans for the pirate class. It was grandparents day at the school (which I thought was really cool!) Diane and I (the lady who is in charge of the after school sun program) talked about me possibly teaching Dance this coming winter term. This coming Thursday we'll hash out what I really want to teach, while I begin typing up the Pirate class, and possibly starting work on the next class...
Friday: I went to school... And then I worked all night. When I got home I started work on the bathroom. Daniel and I got to bed around 1:30, 2 am. LONG day/night.
Saturday: HAPPY HALLOWEEN and party day. I went shopping with Jenne to finish getting supplies for our party later that night. At noon I went over to a co-workers house where I got the tattoo's for my Halloween costume. (AWESOME!) (My Halloween costume was a rockstar) Ran over to my mom's house to pick up a punch bowl, and back home to finish cleaning and decorating. Sara, Daniel's sister, had come over to help, and she basically decorated the whole house herself. Ah-mazing! I made ghostly brownies, and spider web cupcakes. The Stieneckerts, Kim and Leah Richman, Sara, Sami, the Jensen's, the Bemis', and the Gomez's all came to our awesome party where we ate A LOT of dessert, told scary stories, and made homemade scary movies. It was a really awesome night. We didn't get to be till around 2:30-3 am.
Sunday: I made delicious, tasty, and amazing pumpkin pancakes. I taught my wonderful primary kids! (They make me laugh). Tonight is Sara's family dinner for her birthday. I'm taking the left over desserts to my mom at work. And I'm working on some writing homework.

Now that it's November I'm going to try and find one thing I am thankful for/about in my day. (Or week ...) So today I am thankful for my primary class, and the amazing ability they have at putting me in such a happy upbeat mood. They're sooo smart and have such sweet little spirits. It's fun being their teacher.
Okay so I promise that the upcoming week I will be better at staying on top of our lives. We shouldn't be SOO busy for awhile now that midterms are over and that our Halloween party is in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment