Monday, October 12, 2009

The beginning

OOOK! So the reason that I decided to start this blog is because Daniel and I are so busy, and we don't have a lot of time to keep people updated on our lives... And so I thought that this would be a great way to keep people informed and in the loop about what is going on with Daniel and I. Now you'll have to forgive me because as a first time blogger it may take me awhile to really get into the swing/habit of writing... But I promise that I will try and be good about staying on top of things.
Currently Daniel and I are doing well. We have decided to stay in the Griffith Park Ward, due to the fact that Daniel now has a calling. I am currently helping out in primary still (and I secretly hope to stay there...) We are both in school, and attending Portland State University. Daniel is going pre-dental, with a lot of science classes and a crazy schedule, I on the other hand am getting ready to apply to the masters program for elementary education, and am very excited to see the end in sight. I have also been offered a really amazing opportunity, I will be planning curriculum and lessons for the after school sun program at Buckman Elementary in Portland. I am VERY excited! Plus the lesson that I plan I will be able to teach during the winter term, and get paid for it! It will be a lot of fun, and look really good on my resume, and it's a nice boost to be ahead of some.
As of right now Daniel and I are living in our own home (I know... it's totally unheard of and kind of ridiculous) however we are getting ready to move in with my parents to start saving a little money, as we are both college students and have very little.
So all in all everything is going well, we are both very happy, and very much in love, and ready for all the new chapters and excitement headed our way.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! This is a cute blog! I'm excited to have another friend to follow. Congrats on school for both of you! I miss you guys a ton and I hope all is well. Check out my blog sometime! Have a good one, tell Danny hi!

    -Heidi (Daniels) Ence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog! Just fyi I will probably blog stalk you now. I know that isn't creepy at all, right? We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete