Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hotel California = Bullet in my head!

"Welcome to the Hotel California. Such a lovely place. Such a lovely face." And I shoot myself in the head. Last night Iverson wanted to play guitar hero. AWESOME! I love that game. So we played. Then it became not guitar hero, but Hotel California Hero because that's the ONLY song Iverson wanted to sing, or play. Eventually we got him interested in La Bamba... but that was a mistake as well. So then this morning, I'm cleaning the kitchen and all I hear is Iverson singing Hotel California OVER AND OVER AND OVER! Finally I couldn't take it anymore, and I told him that if he EVER wanted to come over to our house again, and that if he didn't want me to shoot the game or myself or him that he either better sing a different song, or he better turn it off.

Ahh... Peace and Quiet finally! Until we're sitting at breakfast, and when there's a break in conversation, Iverson sings at the top of his lungs (just to throughly annoy me) "WELCOME TO THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA!" Oh f0r the love of pete make it stop!

Other than the obnoxiousness of his annoying singing of the worst song ever right now, we had a pretty good time with Iverson spending the night. Him and Daniel went to Albertson's picked up some donuts, a red box movie and some snacks. Then they came home and made dinner, ate, and played Wii together. (So CUTE!)

Then it was time to watch the movie. Now when I sent them to Red Box it was in hopes that they would bring home an awesome movie. HA! When they got there the new Spongebob movie that they wanted wasn't available (Hallelujah!) So they decided to go with UP (now why this wasn't there first choice is beyond me... It would have been mine, come on!) But that too was unavailable. So they went with their third and "best" choice. Batman and Superman, Public Enemies. WHAT?! Sigh. So I got stuck watching this really LAME-O superhero movie. (Rolls eyes.) But it was okay, because the commentary from the couch aka Iverson, was priceless.

So far the day is going well. I love day's off! I finally got all of my Halloween decorations organized and in their new home. I got the kitchen cleaned up. (Really I cleaned the kitchen because I was going to make pumpkin pancakes for my family... I was going to have them over for breakfast, but that didn't happen.) I started cleaning my room/closet, talk about a project. I just have some homework to finish up today (reading for sociology and finish my paper), work on my project for Buckman, and run some errands. PLUS I get to spend a lot of the day hanging out my husband, so that makes it all the more better.

Today (and last night) I am thankful for... Iverson, because as annoying as he is sometimes, he still makes me happy.
Today (and last night) Daniel is thankful for... A wife who likes to have fun
Today (and last night) Iverson is thankful... Me and Daniel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with Hotel California. It's the only song I like to play on Rock Band. I even had a band play it at my wedding!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete