Monday, August 23, 2010

Just when things can't get crazier... They do.

So last week was kind of a hectic busy week. It doesn't even seem like everything that happened last week, could have possibly happened within a 7 day span.

Daniel's birthday party was on Monday, and it was a rockin success. We had his birthday in the park, potluck salad style. We played crazy little kid party games, gave away goodie bags, and spent time in really good company. It was fun! I was glad that he was able to have fun, and hang out with his friends. Afterwards, we talked a lot about how we should do picnics in the park as friends a little more often. Sometimes we forget that we all live so close to each other, since we are all so busy with life.
Thursday night we were able to catch up, and go out to dinner with my Grandmother. Which was wonderful. We went to Red Robin, and had a wonderful time just talking and spending the evening with her. We haven't seen her in a long time, so it was good for us to catch up. We got to hear all about her adventures these past couple months, and I tell you, that woman has a lot going on. Which is good, it makes her happy, and it keeps her busy.
Daniel took his final for his Organic Chemistry class, he passed the class with an A-, and we were VERY excited about that! Now all he has left to do is study for the DAT and hopefully do well on that in September. I too received my final grades for this term, I got an A in my senior capstone class, and a B in my sociology class, so I was very excited.
The rest of last week I spent studying for my CBEST exam, which I took on Friday. I wasn't very nervous before taking the test (which kind of alarmed me) but I walked out passing my reading with a 59 (you need a 41 to pass) and hopefully passing my writing (I find out on Sept 14, they have to read and go over it first) and not passing my math. Which is pretty much what I expected. I got a 37, not great but not awful... The nice part is I can take just the math part again, so I am planning on doing that Sept. 24, the day after I take my ORELA. Why not get as many tests out of the way as I can?
Last night I started my newest job. (YIKES!) My mother is one of the managers at Bath and Body Works, and so she came to me this week and asked if I would like to be part of a new team that she was putting together, since I have nothing else to do with my life, I said why not. (LoL.) Basically I get to come in on the nights when they are switching product around, rolling out new product, and changing merchandise. I also get to help move props, and product up at offsite. It was a lot of fun, since I had worked there for a brief stint before Daniel and I got married, it was fun to be back, and everyone was excited to have me.
I'm not sure what many adventures this week will hold, hopefully it will be just as exciting. Who knows... Maybe it will be a quiet week... HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment