Monday, August 30, 2010

Why Rain?

I woke up today... to RAIN! I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Kind of I'm excited for fall, and kind of I wish summer wasn't over yet. We have had such lame-o weather this summer.

This last week was rockin! I got to go on many new adventures. :)
Wednesday my good friend Julia and I decided that we wanted to go on a nature/photo shoot. So we met at Washington Square at 11 am, where we picked a walk in Portland out of a fancy book that Julia's mom had given her of all these fancy Portland walks. We chose to walk this 3 mile loop up around Multnomah Village and Gabriel Park. We left Washington Square and started our walk around 11:15 or so... I'm not quite sure what the two of us were thinking, it was HOT! And we got horribly lost, and so what should have been a 3 mile walk, turned into more miles, and extra hours. Yes of course we had a map, but little good that did us. We ended up halfway down Capital Highway,
It turned out to just be really funny by the end, because we were exhausted! Julia claims we bonded over sweat, and I agree.
Late that night, I was able to participate in my first night canoeing experience with Katie and her friends. It was crazy fun. At first I was a bit skeptical, since I had never been night canoeing. But Daniel and I ended up having a lot of fun.
The rest of the week was spent studying for both Daniel and I, for our upcoming tests. Sigh. I swear I can't WAIT to be graduated!

No comments:

Post a Comment