Monday, September 20, 2010

I passed my CBEST!

Things lately have been kind of hectic, I am getting ready to take my ORELA on Wednesday, and so for the last month (actually couple of months... more like ALL SUMMER) I have done nothing but study for both my CBEST and my ORELA. Exciting news, I passed my CBEST, which means that I am just one step closer to becoming a teacher :) So I apply for my Grad program Nov. 11, and hope to heavens that I pass my test this Wednesday, and that I get in to the program, which start in January.
A couple of weeks ago D and I were lucky enough to spend time with his family in Utah. Very fun! I had never met any of his step-siblings, and so if was very fun to meet them, and to be able to spend time with his family, getting to know them better. They are such good people, and I am thankful to be able to call them family. We were also able to spend time with my family as well, which was such a blessing. I haven't seen some of them in MONTHS and so it was really nice to be able to catch up. It just seems like everything is going well for them, which I am grateful for, and wish nothing but the best for them.
Daniel has moved his DAT to a couple weeks out. We both felt like this was such a good decision, since the past few weeks have been kind of crazy, and he hasn't really been able to study/practice the way he would like. I would rather him take the test feeling confident/ready then take the test and then need to take it again at a later time. We're really hoping that he does well (which means a 20 on the test) so that we can go to University of Washington, I think that we both have realized that this is the dental school that we want to get in to. All very exciting really.
Last... We have added a new member to our little family. Last Saturday, for D's bday/anniversary present we went and adopted a new puppy. He has been nothing but a joy over the last week, and we have had a lot of fun getting to know him. He is very small, an amazing escape artist, and can be quite a pest sometimes, but he's just so gosh darn cute! We have named him The General, and his two older siblings either enjoy having him around at times, or they find him extremely obnoxious. He's also VERY smart, training him has gone so much quicker with him than it did with Choxie, so that has been very nice.
School starts next week... sigh. I am looking forward to this term, but not at the same time. Daniel and I will be on very opposite schedules, so that will be kind of hard, but somehow we will make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment